Evangel Bible Church of Berkeley
We are a teaching church, first and foremost committed to the Bible, and we hold a firm belief in its authority over our lives. All of our ministries are intended to increase the knowledge and application of God's Word in the lives of His people and lead others to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ so that they can live to the glory of God.
Vision Statement of EBCB
The chief purpose of man is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever. When a person commits his life to the pursuit of this goal, he is fulfilled and his life is in harmony with his Creator and with other people. Therefore, Evangel Bible Church of Berkeley (EBCB) is committed to helping people achieve this grand purpose. The believer must demonstrate an effort to please God, who not only gave him life, but eternal life through the sacrifice of His only Son. The believer's reward for a God-honoring life will be the greatest prize in the universe--God Himself. To this end, EBCB aims to build a God-honoring community of worshippers who will exemplify a Christ-like lifestyle and be able to teach and reproduce viable Christians.
Five Pillars of EBCB
- Word: to give highest priority to studying and obeying God's words so that our thoughts and lifestyle would conform to God's will.
- Worship: to be passionate about God's glory in all that we do and say.
- Witness: to make disciples locally and internationally so that Christ would be reproduced in others.
- Warmth: to create an atmosphere of love and acceptance so that a nurturing community would develop.
- Works: to equip believers so that they may produce good works so that the body may be built up.